As the Olimpics come to an end let’s practice talking about sports. Here are the questions:
- Are you a fan of any sport? Tell which one and why. Do you watch Olimpic Games?
- Have you ever participated in any sport competitions or events? Did you succeed?
- Do you watch sport competitions on tv or do you prefer come to see live? When was the last time you went to the event?
- Is it good that professional sports are so commercial nowadays? What do you think is the most popular sport in the world?
- Do you think that sports for kids must be essential? Which sport would you not let your child play? Why?
- Would you like to dedicate your life to sport and have a career as a professional athlete? What pros and cons does such life have?
Try to use following phrases:
- call the shots – to be in charge
- drop the ball – to miss an opportunity
- down to the wire – to the very last minute
- hit the target – to achieve what’s expected
- get the ball rolling – to get something started
- make the cut – to be selected