Today let’s discuss commuting and transport. Here are the questions on this topic:
- Do you often ride public transportation during rush hour? Do you often use public transportation in general? What do you usually do when riding a train or bus?
- Do you have a driver’s license? If so, when did you get it? Can you ride a motorcycle? Do you drive a car often? Have you ever gotten any kind of ticket?
- How many times have you traveled by airplane? Do you have fear of it? What do you think is the most dangerous form of transportation? Why?
- What are the most annoying bad driving habits of other drivers? What kind of things annoy you in the public transport?
- Do you think that governments should encourage public transportation more? Do you think city governments should discourage use of privately driven cars within city limits? How public transportation can be improved?
- Would you ever travel between countries or states in order to keep a better job? Why or why not?
And as usual some useful sayings:
- To hit the road – to begin a journey.
- To drive someone up the wall – to annoy or irritate them.
- Off the beaten track refers to places where few people go.
- To throw someone under the bus – to expose someone to an unpleasant situation often for one’s gain.