Today we will talk about cooking and eating out.
- Are there any foods that you used not to like eating but you do now?
- Are you a good cook? Do you enjoy the process? How often do you cook?
- Have you ever been on a diet? Are you concerned about daily calorie intake?
- What’s your favorite meal? Do you like food from other countries? If yes, which do you like the most?
- Do you prefer to eat to eat at a restaurant or at home? Do you order food and take away?
- If you are living abroad, what is the food that you miss most from home?
- What foods have you tasted which you will never forget for the rest of your life?
Some useful phrases:
Apple of one’s eye – If you are the apple of someone’s eye, it means that you are admired and loved by them.
Bring home the bacon – To bring home the bacon means to earn the household income.
Butter someone up – You might butter someone up if you want something from them and so you are being extra nice in the hope that you will get what you want from them.
Cool as a cucumber – If someone says that you are as cool as a cucumber, it means that you are relaxed.
Egg someone on – To egg someone on, is to encourage them to do something (often something that they shouldn’t do).