Today we’ll talk about shopping 🛍
Here are the questions:
- Do you like shopping? For what kinds of things? Do you prefer to shop alone or with other people? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? Who is your favorite partner to go shopping with?
- Have you ever spent too much? What did you buy? How did you feel afterwards? Think about the most expensive thing you have ever bought. Was it worth what you paid for it?
- Do you shop online? What kinds of things do you buy online? What would you rather buy in person? Do you agree that online shopping today is much more convenient?
- Are you a bargain hunter? Do you get excited about sales and discounts? Do you wait for sales to buy something rather expansive?
- Which do you prefer? Buying things for yourself or for other people? Do you usually spend much on presents?
- Do you care where products are made? Do you prefer to buy things which are made in your own country? Why or why not?
- Do you have a favorite store? Describe it and tell why. Do you like shopping abroad?
You can use these phrases:
- to buy a lemon – to buy something that proves to be worthless
- to pay over the odds – to pay too much for something
- to shop around – to visit a number of shops to compare prices
- to shop till you drop – to go on an extremely long shopping trip
- to talk shop – to discuss someone’s business
- Shopping therapy – the idea that buying things can cheer you up