Today I want to suggest you talking about food.
Here are some questions for our discussion.
- What is your favorite meal?
- Do you think “you are what you eat”?
- What do you think about vegetarianism? Would you like to be a vegetarian?
- What is your favorite Russian dish? What national dishes from your country would you recommend to the world?
- What country`s national food do you like?
- Do you control what you eat? What do you think about diets?
- What is «healthy food» in your opinion?
Here are some idioms about food:
Big cheese – an important person
To bring home the bacon – to earn some money
To buy a lemon – to buy not a useful thing
(Don’t) cry over spilled milk – to get upset over something that has happened and cannot be changed
(Have one’s) cake and eat it too – to have or do two good things at the same time that are impossible to have or do at the same time
Join us! Английский разговорный клуб / English speed-meeting + Испанский, немецкий или французский