Today I want to suggest you talking about gadgets.
- How much time do you spend by using gadgets every day?
- How many gadgets do you have? Which one is the most used?
- Could you live comfortable without your phone? Why?
- If you had to choose only one gadget for using which one will you choose?
- Why do young people are addicted to gadgets?
- Is it a right decision to give gadgets for constant using to children (3-5 years)? Why do you think so?
Here are some idioms about gadgets:
To hold the Phone – to wait a moment (whether you’re on the phone or not).
To run out of steam – to lose enthusiasm.
Bells and whistles — exciting extras for electronic devices, however usually they are useless.
A well-oiled machine – an organisation that operates smoothly.
Silver surfer — an elderly person who uses the Internet.
Push the panic button — used to describe someone who reacts to the situation by being frightened.