Today I want to suggest you talking about relaxation.
Here are some questions for our discussion.
- Which places for hanging out are your favorite? Tell me about some good places to hang out.
- How do you like to spend your free time? Tell me about your last day off.
- Do you ever feel that you waste your free time? What can you do about this?
- Do you find that your works or studies takes up your free time?
- What’s your favorite way of resting after a tough day? What can you recommend to unwind?
- Is it difficult for you to give yourself a day-out (a day when you can rest, do not work and forget about problems)?
- What can unwind you? What is the most effective way to stop being stressed?
Here are some idioms about relaxation:
• To unwind – to relax and allow your mind to be free from worry after a period of work or some other activity that has made you worried
• To take it easy – to be not worried about something; to relax
• To hang out – to spend a lot of time in a place or with someone
• To have the time of your life – to enjoy the moment
• To catch up with friends – to see friends that you haven’t seen for ages
• To be hooked on something – to enjoy something so much that you are unable to stop having it, watching it, doing it, etc